The Oxford Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature
Piney Babylonia and Ancient Near East Texts
Gary's Ancient Mesopotamia and the Near East Page
Earth's Ancient History: A Theory About Ancient Times
Hebrew Names Version of the New English Bible
Superscripts (Example: 1) following information in "The Sumerians and Akkadians" correspond to the following sources. Sources are in the order in which they're corresponding superscripts are referenced. A superscript directly following a sentence means the information in that sentence was taken from that source. A superscript one space away from the end of a sentence means the information in that paragraph was taken from that source.
1. Cultural Atlas of Mesopotamia and the Ancient Near East, by Michael Roaf. Equinox Ltd., Musterlin House, Oxford, England, 1990.
2. Cultural Atlas of Mesopotamia and the Ancient Near East. p. 32.
3. Historical Atlas of the Ancient World: 4,000,000 - 500 B.C., by John Haywood. Barnes and Noble Books, New York, 1998.
4. History of the World, by J.M. Roberts. Hutchinson Publishing, Great Britain, 1976.
5. History Begins at Sumer, by Samuel Noah Kramer. 3rd Edition. University of Pennsylvania Press, Philadelphia, 1956.
6. The Babylonians, by H. W. G. Saggs. 3rd Edition. The Folio Society, London, 1962. Previously titled: The Greatness That Was Babylon.
7. "Earliest Writing" Found, editorial by Editor Dr David Whitehouse.
8. Gunter Dreyer, German Institute of Archaeology; The Write Stuff: Last Word on First Written Word?, editorial by Terry Devitt.
9. Noah's Flood, by William Ryan and Walter Pitman. Simon and Schuster, New York, 1998.
10. The Bible Unearthed, by Israel Finkelstein and Neil Asher Silberman, The Free Press, New York, 2001.
11. Symbols, Snakes and Healing by Clarke Johnson DDS, PhD, Oral Biology and the Department of Orthodontics UIC College of Dentistry.
12. The Jesus Mysteries, by Timothy Freke and Peter Ganday, Three Rivers Press, New York, 1999.
13. The Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th Edition. 2001.
14. The Encyclopedia of World Mythology, edited by Arthur Cotterell, Barnes and Noble Books, New York, 1999.
15. Harvey Weiss, Yale; Paleoceanographers Heidi Cullen and Peter deMenocal of Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory in Palisades, New York; Tell Leilan Weiss.
16. The Bible As History, 2nd Rev. Ed., by Werner Keller. Bantam Books, New York, 1974, 1982.